The Grandi Groom is a versatile tool that can be used for agitation of soiled traffic lanes and loosening embedded dirt. The carpet will look like new when finished with Grandi Groom after cleaning!
The Grandi Groom is also cutting a new path in artificial turf installation. Built to withstand the rigors of professional use, the Grandi Groom is the ideal tool for blooming artificial grass.
The Grandi Groom's long nylon tines reach deep into the fibers of any type of artificial grass and pull the blades upright to provide a maximum bloom.
Using short strokes over the area, the Grandi Groom quickly works any type of infill material in between the blades. Recommended by carpet manufacturers for maintaining the nap of new carpets.
This carpet-grooming rake is used by more professional carpet cleaners than any other!Designed For:
high-pile carpet | shag carpet | rugs | bath mats
This carpet rake is used by more professional carpet cleaners than any other to thoroughly scrub cleaning solution into carpet, loosen embedded soil, remove pet hair, revive matted carpet and even install artificial turf. Carpet grooming is sometimes called carpet raking. While that term might not sound very professional, and typically refers to leaves and fall weather rather than carpets, in many ways it describes the actual process more accurately than grooming. The Carpet Rake is dragged over the carpet to pull up its pile or nap. This process helps to loosen soils and keeps the yarn of the carpet lifted.
Cleaning professionals often consider grooming a carpet only before or after cleaning. However, for best results, grooming should be a part of a regular carpet maintenance program. If performed regularly prior to vacuuming, a carpet rake can help:
- Loosens carpet soils for easier removal when vacuuming/cleaning
- Lifts crushed or matted carpet pile in high-traffic areas
- Allows for more thorough vacuuming
- Helps aerate wet carpets so that they dry more quickly
- Restores carpet pile after cleaning
- Helps carpeting keep a “like new” appearance for longer
- Restores the original design of the carpet in some cases
- Permits better penetration of cleaning chemicals into carpet fibers for more effective soil removal
- Helps erase “tracking” left behind by carts or vacuum cleaners.
After Carpets are cleaned, using a carpet rake can help decrease drying time. It also untangles any yarn and helps eliminate or minimize the appearance of matting or crushing that can occur in busy walkways. Further, if a carpet protector is applied to the carpet to prevent staining, grooming the carpet helps to ensure that the product is applied more evenly to the carpet fibers.
Grooming can extend the life of carpets. Carpet soils have a texture that is similar to a razor, and as carpets are walked on, their fibers can be cut. This shortens the overall life span of the carpet. By removing soils through a combination of grooming, vacuuming, and extraction, the carpet’s life span can be extended.
While most carpets can and should be groomed regularly, this may not be true for all carpet types. For example, some Berber carpets should not be groomed. When in doubt, always check with the carpet manufacturer or installer before grooming to protect the carpet and its warranty.WHY SHOULD YOU USE A GRANDI GROOM CARPET RAKE?
- Revive crushed matted pile in high traffic areas.
- Raise ground-in dirt to the surface for effective vacuuming.
- Remove embedded pet hair.
- Erase vacuum cleaner tracks.
- Restore carpet pile after shampooing.
- Quickly revitalize carpet without vacuuming.
- Thoroughly agitate cleaning solution into your carpet fibers to remove stains and soil